Every passenger vehicle operated in Utah must be titled and registered. Each vehicle owner must pay a registration fee at the time of initial registration and annually thereafter. Uniform fees also apply.
Requirements for Titling
- Form TC-656, Utah Title Application
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) inspections, if being titled in Utah for the first time. See Form TC-661, Certificate of Inspection. (New vehicles sold by a Utah dealer are exempt)
- At least one person whose name will appear on new title
Requirements for Registration
- Utah safety inspection certificate, if required
- Utah emission certificate, if required
- Payment of age-based uniform fee
- Payment of registration fees
Exemptions to Registration
- Owned and operated by non-residents of Utah
- Owned and operated by the United States government
For Student, Military, and Non-Resident information, click here.