Replacing Plates, Decals, Titles, etc.

Replacing License Plates, Decals, and Registrations

When one of these is lost or stolen, it may be replaced for a small fee. To replace a lost or stolen plate, decal, or registration, visit your local DMV office with a copy of the most recent registration, license plate number, or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The fee for the replacement depends on the item being replaced:

Item Cost What’s Included
Standard License Plate $12.00 A new set of plates, decals and registration
OHV License Plate $8.00 A new set of plates, decals and registration
Special Group License Plate $17.00 A new set of plates, decals and registration
Personalized License Plate $16.00 A new set of plates, decals and registration
Decal – Motor Vehicle $5.00 The decal and registration
Decal – Watercraft $7.00 The decal and registration
Decal – Off-Highway $8.00 The decal and registration
Decal – Camper $5.00 The decal and registration
Registration – Motor Vehicle and Watercraft $4.00 Registration only
Registration – Off-Highway $3.00 Registration only

Plate replacements can be ordered online on our Motor Vehicle Portal. In order to replace license plates or decals by mail, please send a written request, a copy of the current registration certificate, $4.00 postage (except for personalized plates, as the $16.00 fee already includes postage), in addition to the fee listed above to:

Division of Motor Vehicles Mail and Correspondence
P.O. Box 30412
Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Important: Do not send cash by mail. Please make checks or money orders payable to the Utah State Tax Commission (USTC).

Replacing Titles

Titles may be easily replaced online using our Motor Vehicle Portal (MVP).

If you prefer, you may send a completed Form TC-123, Application for Duplicate Utah Title and $6.00 title fee to the address shown above.

Replacing Disabled Placards

Disabled placards may be easily replaced by visiting your local DMV office or sending a request by email to or the address shown above. There is no fee to replace a disabled placard.

Replacing Faded Month Decal

Month DecalIf your month decal has faded or is missing it needs to be replaced immediately! There is no fee for a month decal replacement. To replace a month decal:


Skip the lines. Skip the mailbox.
Take care of DMV business wherever you are, wherever you go!

Choose from our many online services

For security reasons, MVP and other e-services are not available in most countries outside the United States.
Please contact us at 801-297-7780 or for more information.