Disabled Plates & Placards FAQ

For more information about disabled parking privileges, see Disabled Plates and Placards.

I have a permanent or a temporary disability. How do I get a parking placard or license plate?

While disabled parking placards are available to those with either permanent or temporary disabilities, disabled license plates are only available to those with permanent disabilities.

You and your doctor will need to fill out and sign Form TC-842, Disabled Person and Physician Disability Certification. Once completed, simply submit the application to the DMV and you will receive your parking placards. You are limited to either two windshield placards or one windshield placard and one set of disabled license plates. While there is no cost associated with a disabled placard; disabled plates have an initial cost of $17.00.

I lost my parking placard. How do I get a new one?

Parking placards are easily replaced by simply visiting your local DMV office or calling us at (801) 297-7780 or 1-800-368-8824 and requesting a replacement over the phone.

My parking placard needs to be renewed. How do I do that?

The DMV sends out renewal notices for permanent parking placards that need only be signed and mailed back to the DMV. The DMV will then mail the new placards to you. If, however, the renewal notice wasn’t received or has been lost, you may renew online or visit your local DMV office or call us at (801) 297-7780 or 1-800-368-8824 and renew the placard over the phone.


Skip the lines. Skip the mailbox.
Take care of DMV business wherever you are, wherever you go!

Choose from our many online services

For security reasons, MVP and other e-services are not available in most countries outside the United States.
Please contact us at 801-297-7780 or dmv@utah.gov for more information.