How to File a Complaint About a Dealer

The Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division (MVED) of the Utah State Tax Commission regulates the automobile industry, investigates motor vehicle fraud, and helps consumers who have trouble with auto dealers.

If you feel you have been cheated in a car deal or have a complaint about a dealer, you can contact the MVED:

Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division
Utah State Tax Commission
210 N 1950 W
Salt Lake City, UT 84134
801-297-2600, or toll-free