When one of these is lost or stolen, it may be replaced for a small fee. To replace a lost or stolen plate, decal, or registration, visit your local DMV office with a copy of the most recent registration, license plate number, or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The fee for the replacement depends on the item being replaced:
- Standard License Plate - $10.00 (This inclues a new set of plates, decals and registration)
- Special Group License Plate - $15.00 (This inclues a new set of plates, decals and registration)
- Personalized License Plate - $13.00 (This inclues a new set of plates, decals and registration)
- Decal (Motor Vehicle) - $5.00
- Decal (Watercraft) - $7.00
- Decal (Off-Highway) - $8.00
- Registration (Motor Vehicle and Watercraft) - $4.00
- Registration (Off-Highway) - $3.00
Plate replacements can also be obtained by mail. To do this, send in a written request, a copy of the registration certificate and $3.00 postage (except for personalized plates, as the $13.00 fee already includes postage), in addition to the fee listed above to:
Division of Motor Vehicles
Mail and Correspondence
P.O. Box 30412
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
Important: Do not send cash by mail. Please make checks or money orders payable to the Utah State Tax Commission (USTC).
Disabled placards may be easily replaced by visiting your local DMV office or sending a written request to the address shown above. There is no fee to replace a disabled placard.